Saturday, August 07, 2010

In the Kitchen


I have noticed throughout my adult life that when words fail to surface to describe my inner life, other forms of creativity have taken center stage. This is the way it was for me towards the end of my college career ~ with a focus in Creative Writing; I couldn't bare to eek out another externally-demanded piece of written "creativity" but I found myself drawing and painting again for the first time in years (I can't think of a more effective way to rid a young enthusiastic soul of her creativity than by making it a major in an institution where your output equals your worth. This, and more, is why the ideas of Unschooling resonate so strongly with me.).
Right now I am not finding words to put here, but I have had a lot of inspiration in the kitchen. Yay for summer cooking, even if the weather isn't feeling like summer weather.

I have added a link at the top right so that you can pop in and see what I've been up to in the kitchen. Happy summer eating! : )

No comments: