Saturday, March 13, 2010

Preparation

Crawling in bed here in Sacramento for a solid night's sleep before
the Shamrock'n half marathon tomorrow morning. I have had quite a bit
of anxiety about it. As I did my last email reading for the night I
came upon a Daily Groove by Scott Noelle (of Enjoy Parenting, at
right). It said to envision a special something that opens your heart,
and practice envisioning it to become very familiar with what your
heart feels like when it is open - so that you can do it "on
command.". What I immediately thought of was Michael Franti's song,
Love Invincible. On many days when I have woken feeling blah and
desiring an uplift, I have cranked up this song and I just can't help
but dance. So tomorrow as I'm running, I intend for this to be my
soundtrack. If you think of me tomorrow, sing this song. If you don't
know it, just hum along. ; ). It's so peppy, you'll just have to give
in to dancing.

Touch me with the morning sun!
When I feel impossible, show me what is possible.
Teach me love invincible!


(come on now! come on now! show me that ya feel it! show me that you
feel it!)

2 comments:

Randi Skaggs said...

Thanks for sharing an awesome song! And congratulations on doing something incredible. You'll be great!

Tiffanie said...

Thank you for your encouragement, Randi! I saw it before I started the race and it made me smile. : )
glad you like the song!! He also plays an amazing concert. So high energy!