Friday, June 25, 2010

more views from the garden

Anjali and I got outside before the rain had a chance to evaporate. No artificial irrigation is ever as nourishing as a well-timed rain. The garden felt lush and vibrant. I have been spending a lot of time out there every day. It soothes me. The sun fills me. All the growing and ripening encourages me to pay attention daily ~ looking close up, observing. I am especially delighted by the becoming-ness ~ delicate yet urgent unfurling under leaves and in corners. And the abundance ~ of not just one tiny perfect flower, but hundreds ~ on a single stalk. Voluptuous roundness comprised of many smaller roundnesses. Each a bowl that contains a droplet of water. Full.

butterfly bush
feathery yarrow leaves
yarrow with droplets
onion bloom! gotta get close up to appreciate its amazing bounty and detailed beauty.
yarrow becoming
the paste tomato that could: sealion planted a dozen seeds,
and this is the only seedling that kept growing.
cosmos
volunteer from last year's cutflower seed mix. :-) i love volunteers.
a different butterfly bush ~ juicy with rainwater
tiny strawberries becoming ~ the abundance!
daisy with her collection of rain
delicate, intricate detail. nature is the original and ultimate artist.
lavender
ladybug on lettuce
a daisy's concentric unfurling

1 comment:

Stacy (Mama-Om) said...

Wow, I love these photos, especially the ones with lots of little flowers, like the butterfly bush!

I'm popping in from Enjoy Parenting.

Blessings,
Stacy