Friday, January 01, 2010

New Year Ruminations

Feeling ponder-full on the first day of the new year.
The last year was all about surviving and finding joy in motherhood (and I had the fortunate situation that afforded that singular focus).  As the year came to a close, I felt the stirrings of change inside me as I realized my view is pulling back to include more than just my baby.  I feel the need to make some changes and set some goals.  With that, for the first time in a long while I felt the wind of synchronicity breathe into my life.  I eagerly lifted my sail:  I'm excited to be embarking on an Artist's Way course with a group, facilitated by a friend.  The first time I worked through the book, I did it on my own ~ back in Lexington the year leading up to my big move Out West (among so many Huge Life Changes). It worked with shocking power in my life.  I sensed that undertaking it with a group might be even more intense and positive.  Now seems like the perfect time.  I have also registered for a mini-marathon in mid March ~ the Shamrock'n Half ~ the same one I ran a couple years ago [or has it been three by now!!?].  For a while I have thought that a mini would be a great way to commemorate my self after Anjali's one year birthday.  Making plans to run that same race feels good.
While I'm on the subject of goals, I would like to celebrate one of the only kind-of goals I set for myself in the past year:  writing eight blog entries every month.  I wanted to do this for myself ~ to show up and be visible in a year where I could have plowed under and not come up for air.   I wanted extension more than (or at least equal to) contraction.  Some months have been slimmer and some more full, but over the course of the year, I managed to post an average of eight-plus entries per month.
So with this I propose a toast.
To the year passing for which I feel good about my efforts.  And to the year ahead in which I hope to put one foot in front of the other to reach potentialities now merely visioned.    

Cheers!  



photo:  close-up of items at our Solstice-BlueMoon-NewYear's Shrine.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

oooh, the artists way. i knew there would be something that i could work on this year that would feel right. thanks for reminding me, i think this is the perfect time in my life to do that too. When does your group start? maybe i'll join you all from afar (o:

Tiffanie said...

our group starts Jan 17. we could be artist's way pals! (like pen-pals..)

i can't recommend it highly enough.

Tiffanie said...

don't know why i was thinking the 17th!!!
it's the 10th!