Monday, April 05, 2010


A flood of text I sent to my husband as I was lying in bed reading and he was driving to work at 9:30pm on Saturday; thought you'd enjoy it (I don't usually post such language these days, but.. I'm sure you'll forgive me. (-; ):

I'm listening to some animal inside the wall or on the roof... breathe. And it sounds like a pig inhaling and exhaling. It is really freaky. It must be right above our heads. I hear it moving in the insulation ... What can it be?? It's really freaking me out.. It's loud.
Are we doing wrong to have the chicken feed feeding other animals??
It has walked to the other side of the roof.
Holy fuckin shit! That was intense and primally scary.
Oh fuck it's coming back this way.
Right above our heads!!!!
Sorry I know u shouldn't be reading [while driving].


What the fuck do we have living in the ceiling???
Aw great. Pretty sure more than one. Just heard a little coo-ie type noise.
Sorry. I'll quit writing.

Raccoons!!!!!
Was reading and heard a scuffle outside, then [next-door neighbor] Lorraine's voice calling "Troy!!" over and over. I go to the window and open it to stick my head out and there are two med-sized raccoons looking me in the face about 5 feet down the roof!!! One came up the side and would've come in if I'd let it! They seem totally tame, but I also think: young.
Crazy!!!!!
Now I need to go check the chickens after I get anjai back to sleep.
Intense drama!!
I like them better now that I've seen them eye to eye as raccoons. Unfair, huh? But I know we still can't encourage them..


Photo of one of the raccoons, taken with my phone! haha!:

Henhouse door closed properly, girls all roosting and accounted for.

1 comment:

woo said...

We had raccoons living in our attic for a while. They sounded like people moving furniture and stomping around "upstairs".